Get Started Building Your Online Company Presence through Social Media
When you build a house by yourself it takes longer. Same thing with a business. Same with social media. Here are seven brick by brick improvements, I've made recently, to strengthen the online presence of my company, Don Wall Productions, in Arlington, Texas (http://www.DonWallProductions.com) These actions also improve the online presence of my clients, which is the point. None of these tools cost much, which is the other point, especially for a small business.
- http://www.DonWallProductions.com A talented, young website designer/guitar player built my website about 3 years ago, so that gave me a start. (http://twitter.com/#!/robomalo) For a small business these days, you may not even need a website, maybe just a network of social media sites, or a simple landing page website. For 3 years, my website just sat there, doing nothing. Now I'm changing the content, using more action-oriented key words to describe the HD video productions I do to showcase clients in Dallas/Fort Worth. I'm adding more links to clients, services, projects, videos, testimonials, and photos. Improving SEO by adding content. Also creating external links to Facebook, Linked In, Twitter, You Tube. When I publish a new HD video on You Tube, or Vimeo, write new content for my website, or Linked-In or Twitter, my friends, followers, and business contacts receive alerts. Next step here is blogging. Wait, this is a blog. Okay, I'm doing it. Teaching Old School new tricks.
- http://www.youtube.com/user/donwallproductions You Tube Channel. Developing a stronger presence as an HD video baseball site and an original music site, with Featured Videos, Favorite Videos, and Recruiting Videos playlists. Linked with Twitter and Facebook, so when I post a new HD video for a client, my contacts know about it. Then my clients embed the videos on their websites.
- http://vimeo.com/user7169116 Vimeo Channel, home to the D-BAT Mustangs Show, an online TV show, which we created and produced this summer with the D-BAT Mustangs Baseball Club, featuring high school baseball players playing for the opportunity to play baseball in college or the pros. Internet TV, the new frontier.
- http://www.linkedin.com/profile/edit?trk=tab_pro Linked-In Profile. Updated and improved profile information to make it more current. Next step here, make announcements, blog, contribute to groups. Grow list of friends and colleagues. You will be surprised at how many people you know in your field, and beyond.
- http://www.facebook.com/DonWallArlingtonTexas Facebook Page. New profile photo, updated information. Contribute new ideas to friends. Join the conversation. Add more photos and engage more people. Photos especially. My daughter and her childhood next-door neighbor recently reconnected because of a photo I posted. This works.
- http://www.facebook.com/pages/Don-Wall-Productions/109244032446534 My business FaceBook Page is linked to my Facebook Page. Haven't done much with this as yet.
- http://twitter.com/#!/dwproductions Twitter account. New photo. Tied in with You Tube, and FaceBook..... which generate tweets when I post on these sites. Have attracted new followers. And, I'm following a growing list of twits, I mean tweets. Reporters tweet to scoop the competition.
Action Plan: Improve and update social media sites on a regular basis. Blog. Strengthen links. Actively expand lists of friends and business contacts through social media sites. Develop Email marketing. Explore Six Degrees of Separation, Butterfly Effect, Free Market Economy. Remember, Action begets more Action. Action equals results. As Wayne Gretzky once said, "You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take." So take the shot. Results have a way of informing the world.
Don Wall Productions shoots and promotes original HD videos and writes stories for clients. Don Wall started his company in 2006, after working 30 years in the TV news business.
Don Wall Productions